Let’s face it, sometimes QUICK, EASY, and CHEAP are a Mom’s favorite words when it comes to whipping up a middle-of-the-week dinner for her busy family. Gourmet is great, but during those seasons when your afternoons are absolutely crazy with afterschool appointments and activities, sometimes LESS IS MORE.
Can I get an AMEN to that?
This little gem of a recipe wins the prize for its simplicity and convenience. Not only is it a family friendly dinner that can be ready in 45 minutes or less, but it will satisfy everyone’s taste buds and tummies at your dinner table because there is so much flexibility with personalizing this recipe to your family’s preferences. You choose the toppings. Make them as easy or fancy, spicy or mild, as you would like. Whatever your family loves will be best!
At our house, we like to set out a toppings bar which includes, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, sliced avocado, salsa, and jalapeños. Quick and easy side dishes that go great with these yummy enchiladas are refried beans and Spanish rice. While the enchiladas are baking in the oven, all can easily be prepared.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast, salt & pepper to taste
1 (15oz) can green chile enchilada sauce
16 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese
8 flour tortillas, burrito size
Yummy toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9×13 casserole dish, pour one-third of the green enchilada sauce in bottom of pan and spread it evenly over entire surface.
- Fill each tortilla with equal amounts of shredded chicken and cheese. Reserve 1 cup of cheese for topping. Roll each filled tortilla tightly and place seam side down. Arrange enchiladas in the prepared baking dish and cover with remaining green enchilada sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and discard foil. Top enchiladas with remaining cheese, and continue baking uncovered 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve enchiladas with desired toppings, side dishes, and enjoy!
From my nest to yours,